Friday, November 9, 2012

Knitting: Renfrew and Rathtrevor

I can't resist the call of my new Island book, even though I should be doing my gift knits first. Thankfully, these were quick, so I didn't have to feel much guilt! 

 Rathtrevor: (only my favourite place in the world, and now I believe I have discovered my favourite colour way in the world to go along with it. Charcoal, brown, grey...shades of everything that will go with everything!! Love Love Love.)

Am I wrong to be trying to convince Jay to head over to the Island so I can wear my mitts on Rathtrevor Beach?? Expensive photo shoot, perhaps??



And Renfrew, a quick and lovely slouchy hat, knit with a skein of Tanis Fibre Arts aran in the Dove colourway. Faire chose it for me for my birthday and I immediately cast on (after dealing with a horrible mess of a skein and having to spend 2+ hours winding the damn thing by hand - this is when non-knitters wonder why I don't just buy a hat!!)
I love how these hand-dyed yarns look in the reverse stockinette stitch. And thankfully, Jane designed the pattern to be knit inside out, so very little purling!



No comments:

Post a Comment