Monday, October 15, 2012

Canning: A Typical September Weekend

Ahhh, September.
All my children went to school this year, something that I still find unbelievable!

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by the often-repeated question posed to me: "Wow, what's it like with no kids all day??" I'm sure many of them really wanted to ask me when I was going to get a "job"! But that is a post for another day. Ahem.

Mainly, I filled the September days the way I always do - in the kitchen, often with my sister-in-law Kyla, standing over a canning pot! Even though we have go it down to a fine art, it still wipes me out by the end of the month. At this point, I am okay not seeing a fresh tomato for a while. At least not one that I have to peel anyway!

Once I add everything up, I will post my canning yields for the year. There is always more over the next few months, but not major undertakings like in September. I wrote it down last year and it was fun to check back this summer and see what all I accomplished. I wish I had posted it, because now I need to hang on to that paper list!

Until then, a few glimpses at what surrounds my family during this busy, busy month...


For school, Shea had to make an About Me page. Under his mother, he wrote "busy in the kitchen"!! Not surprising right now!










When we run out of space inside, the jars get "downgraded" to the back porch! 

**Now that it is October, and life is settling in somewhat, all these jars have found new homes for the year in our cold room, or kitchen cupboards. What a big job that was!

No comments:

Post a Comment