Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Gardening: Beginning of March

First Garden Clean Up of 2012. 
A Nice, Clean Slate. 
Oh, the possibilities in March!

Good morning Garden!

Oh, hello Garlic!

Nice to see you, Tayberries! I hope you like your new bed between Golden Raspberries and Thornless Blackberries. They've promised to be nice.

Rise and shine, Roses!

Oh, hello chives! I see you and your brothers and sisters are all coming out to play!

Nearly time to wake up, Patch-Of-Soil-That-Will-Soon-Be-Asparagus! (oh please, Asparagus, don't play hard to get this year!)

I'm down to my last 4 heads of garlic so this is a wonderful sight to see.

Seeing all this green returning has inspired me to start digging out the hoarded food frozen last Fall. We've been enjoying Garlic Scape Pesto, Spinach Pesto, and some Basil Pesto this week! So Green! So Good!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting some green from the ground! I am not sure my garlic made it...nothing is coming up yet. But, this is my first time planting it, and maybe it is still too early in Maine. But, I think because our winter was warm one week, cold another, it might have killed off the garlic...Looking forward to getting my peas in the ground!

    ReplyDelete