Monday, February 6, 2012

Knitting: Ruche Beret and Brier Toque

I'm knitting my way through Weekend Hats. Not officially, but there are just so many patterns I love in it, I know this is going to get a lot of use.


I needed a red hat so I whipped up the Ruche Beret for myself out of Blue Sky Suri Merino. Love. A bit big for Isla, my hat model, but I don't like self-portraits of myself in hats. You get the idea.


The Brier Toque, which I had to knit, mainly because I love the name. Used a ball of MiniMochi, so awesome! Love the colours! Wasn't sure who this was for (I like to hoard hats for myself) but alas, Shea tried it on, and it looks so good on him, that I have bestowed it upon him. He couldn't care less about hats, unfortunately, but I'm the one who has to look at him, so I am happy in this case! Faire also wore it two days straight when feeling under the weather, and it looked great on her too.

Hmm, which pattern next? This book will be a great stash-buster!

No comments:

Post a Comment